As a Workshop Manager, you will be responsible for;
- Managing a small but growing team of freelancers and permanent staff
- Overseeing the day to day activity within the workshop, responsible for all aspects of its upkeep and development
- Ensure that the workshop is kept clean and organised, introducing new systems where needed
- Setting and maintaining an extremely high standard of work with a keen eye for detail
- Oversee the management of workshop storage and deliveries
- Working closely with the director and project managers to understand a client’s brief
- Overseeing and assist in the fabrication and construction of a wide range of items from props/ set dressings, displays and builds/sets
- Managing the workshop team and appropriately allocating space and resources, managing workshop workflow and efficiency
- Accurately work from and interpret detailed drawings
- Oversee safe operation and maintenance of all tools and machinery
- Operate and maintain in good working order manual and bench power tools
To work with the project managers to put together budgets and specifications for jobs.
Operate and develop the workshop to meet agreed budgetary constraints and requirements.
Health and Safety;
- Ensure all necessary signage is in place and updated for the workshop
- Ensure all risk assessments are kept updated and drafted where necessary
- Maintaining tools and machinery to a safe standard and in line with current Health and Safety policy and COSHH standards
- In charge of first aid within the workshop; both administering first aid and keeping documentation up to date
- Maintain an inventory of tools and equipment
- Replacement and repair of equipment where necessary
- Ordering of materials and consumables
- Manage waste systems
- Work with our administrator to book annual servicing of tools, plant and shutter doors
To be considered for this role we are looking for candidates that have:
- Experience as a workshop manager. We are looking for candidate who can run workshops and oversee the operations within the workshop as well as provide client facing support.
- Minimum of three years’ experience using wood and metal working equipment and practical experience of fabrication processes, techniques, and emerging technologies
- Experience of managing people, motivating, and inspiring them to achieve their fullest potential.
- Strong IT skills are required and experience with AutoCAD, Sketchup & photoshop is desirable but not necessary
- Significant management skills with the ability to motivate, assess, plan, and organise resources
Good interpersonal skills and experience in a public facing role, as part of this role will include aspects of business development and marketing as and when required.
As an experienced Mould Maker, you will;
- Be well versed in the creation of moulds from a range of composite materials such as silicone, GRP, wood, Plaster etc.
- Be responsible for preparing moulds for production. Be able to take full responsibility for the moulding of everything from a loaf of bread, to a sword or even a boat.
- Be responsible for the safe use and operation of all equipment and tools.
- Assist in the preparation of costs by recording and advising on mould size, design, weights and set up times.
- Be responsible for cleanliness of all equipment used and working areas.
- Have a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Have a positive attitude and good communication skills.
- Have both GRP & joinery experience.
- Be used to working to deadlines / time management skills.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Mould Maker and be proficient in the use of all the necessary tools and equipment.
Any additional experience of production / casting methods would be very favourable
The role will suit individuals currently working as a Mould Maker, Injection Moulding Operative, mould maker with in the film, arts or other creative industry and be living within a commutable distance of Ashford MIDDLESEX or be willing to relocate.
THIS ROLE IS NOT SUITABLE FOR NEWLY QUALIFIED STUDENTS OR PEOPLE WITH LESS THAN 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE
This post is primarily for a CNC programming/setting/operator however, it would be greatly beneficial if applicants had additional skills and experience they could bring to the team. Experience of precision engineering, 3D printing, use of lathes, general workshop equipment, welding.
The projects we get involved in are interesting & varied work, this is not a mass production environment however, it is busy and the successful applicant will have responsibility for all aspects of the CNC machine from its maintenance to its programming, setting tool paths and operation. You must be able to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings etc and use programs such as Vectric Aspire and or Vectric Cut3D.
Starting rate depends on the skills you have. Those who can prove they have greater skills immediately or learn quickly will see their remuneration increase the fastest.
If you feel you have the ability to make this position your own and help the company move forward, please send your updated CV ASAP