We are looking for a workshop manager to join our team and manage the day to day activities within the workshop as well as being involved in projects from inquiry through to delivery. This is a busy and hands on role.
As a Workshop Manager, you will be responsible for;
· Managing a small but growing team of permanent staff plus freelancers
· Mentoring staff and imparting knowledge/training in prop making, casting and moulding
· Setting and maintaining an extremely high standard of work with a keen eye for detail
· Working closely with the team to understand a client’s brief
· Oversee and assist in the fabrication and construction of a wide range of items from props/ set dressings, displays and builds/sets
To work with the project managers to put together budgets and specifications for jobs.
Operate and develop the workshop to meet agreed budgetary constraints and requirements.
To be considered for this role we are looking for candidates that have:
· Experience as a workshop manager. We are looking for candidate who can run prop making workshop and oversee the operations within the workshop as well as provide client facing support.
· Minimum of three years experience using wood and metal working equipment and practical experience of fabrication processes, techniques, and emerging technologies
· Experience of managing people, motivating, and inspiring them to achieve their fullest potential.
· Strong IT skills are required and experience with AutoCAD, Sketchup & photoshop is desirable but not necessary
please apply by sending us your CV.